I LOVE subscription boxes. I've subscribed to a number of different ones over the past few years and have discovered all sorts of new brands and types of skin care and makeup that I probably would have never learned about otherwise. That being said, I'm pretty much maxed out on trial size and random products- even though I travel a lot and use them often, my drawers are getting full! So I was interested to learn about a slightly different type of box- the FabFitFun box from Giuliana Rancic. Here's a bit about it, from the FFF website:
Hand-selected items in beauty, fashion, fitness, and wellness from Giuliana and the FabFitFun team. The hottest seasonal items sent from the red carpet to your door 4 times a year. Only $49.99 every 3 months, includes free shipping!
Daniel and I had been out with the kids on Saturday, when my box arrived. And while getting out of the car, he accidentally knocked my new sunglasses out of the car and broke them. So I was muttering something about him owing me a new pair of sunglasses when I got out of the car and picked up my box. After coming inside and opening my FabFitFun box, I started laughing and called out to him that he was off the hook, since one of the items in my box was a pair of Ivory Mason sunglasses! I really like these new sunglasses- they're a good size for my face, a fun color and came with a storage bag and cleaning cloth.
Other items in my box were:
1) Catalina Su Lip Gloss. The color is a nice, neutral- perfect for wearing alone or layering.
2) Purlisse-Pur-Delicate Gentle Soy Milk Cleanser. LOVE this. In another bit of coincidence, we had just been at the store before coming home to the FFF box, and I'd been considering buying a high-end cleanser and had decided not to. Perfect timing again! This is a great cleanser that leaves my face feeling clean but not dry.
3) Evian Brumisateur Facial Spray. I've always thought Evian sprays were kind of silly, but I really am glad to have this. I get warm very easily, and this spray has been a nice quick way to cool off. I'm kind of hooked.
4. Infinity Sun Glow on the Go. Nice smell, easy to spray on. I am not great with spray on tanners and didn't do it exactly right the first time, but I will try again.
5. It Hair Care Surf Spray. This is a spray designed to give you wavy hair. I'm not really a fan of these sprays, for the simple reason that I have wavy hair naturally and straighten it. Wavy just isn't my look. But the spray smells nice and I plan to pass it on to someone who can use it.
6. KIND Dark Chocolate Chili Almond bar. Yum!
I also received a bottle of ORLY nail polish in "Harmonious Mess", which is a nice greyish lavender color. Perfect for summer toes. Another bonus gift was a small packet of Say Yes to Cucumbers facial wipes. These are great for travel and I was thrilled to get them in the box.
You can see a slideshow of the products in the summer box at this link.
Overall, this is my favorite of the subscription boxes that I've received in a long time. I like the generous sizes of products, I like the variety and I just flat out liked the products themselves. At $49.99 per quarter, it seems more expensive than some services, but broken down by month, it really is comparable and the value of the individual items in the box this quarter added up to FAR over the $49.99 price tag. I'm a fan!
If you subscribe by the end of the month, you will receive an additional item in your fall box- a bottle of Purlisse cleanser (ARV $36). Subscribe here! https://vip.fabfitfun.com/