This past weekend, I went on a spring cleaning frenzy. I cleaned my stove burners, my oven, the counters, the refrigerator, the windows, the table, the bathtub, and all the sinks. By Sunday night I was exhausted, but my house was clean! And the best thing was that, since I was using Shaklee cleaning products, my home didn't smell like chemicals or fragrances. As I've mentioned before, we live in a 900 square foot condo, so normally when I clean, the whole place ends up smelling. Which isn't great, since I have two little kids breathing the air inside my home.
I had never heard of Shaklee until a few months ago, when a blog friend of mine started using the products. She is completely in love with them, so I was intrigued and happy when she offered to send me products to review. Last week a box showed up on my doorstep with the Get Clean Scour Off Heavy Duty Paste and the Get Clean Basic H2 Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate inside.
Here's a bit about the Get Clean Scour Off Paste, from the Shaklee website:
- Natural ingredients remove the toughest dried-on splatters and spills, burned-on grease, baked-on food, and sticky messes without hazardous chemicals or toxic fumes.
- Scour Off is made from natural mineral abrasives and biodegradable cleaning agents. It does not contain chlorine, bleach, or dye.
- Scour Off gently removes stains other cleansers can't and is great for cleaning tubs, ovens, sinks, and tiles.
- It will even remove rust, and is great for cleaning these surfaces: copper, grout, cement, ceramic, and imitation marble.
And about the Basic H2 Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate:
- 1 bottle of Basic H2equals the cleaning uses of 5,824 bottles of 26 oz. Windex®*
- Ultraconcentrated – 16 ounces makes up to 48 gallons of super powerful cleaner when mixed with water.
- Versatile and powerful cleaner – removes dirt, grease, and grime from any washable surface, inside and out. Dilute according to directions.
- No rinse, no residue, streak-free formula.
As for the Basic H2 Organic Super Concentrate- it's as impressive as advertised. Just a tiny little amount goes into the spray bottles, but it really works. I used it in three forms- as a glass/window cleaner, an all-purpose cleaner and a degreaser. I was very pleased with the results from all three of these forms. The window/glass cleaner left my glass surfaces clean and streak free, the all-purpose cleaner was great on my counters and toilets, and the degreaser helped me turn my nasty burner catcher thingies (what ARE those called?) back from this:
|It brings me great shame to post such a horrible picture|
Shaklee also has lots of other products including other cleaning products, nutrition, weight loss, beauty and personal care items. The products are all designed to be healthy and safe and effective. In my professional life, I've got a master's degree in Toxicology and worked in that field for seven years. So I did some research into the cleaning products that I received, going through some chemical databases and taking a look at the MSDS (which contains info on the ingredients in the products). For both the products that I investigated, there were no ingredients that I would worry about using around my kids.
I have great news! TEN of you are going to get to try out the Basic H2 Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate. You'll receive this little capsule- which, since it's super concentrated, is enough to make two 16 ounce spray bottles of cleaner- one glass/window cleaner and one all-purpose cleaner. Open to US mailing addresses only, please.
Mandatory entry (must be done for extra entries to count):
Visit the Shaklee site and let me know what other product (other than the two I discussed) would be great for your life!
Extra entries (please leave a separate comment for each one that you do):
1. Publicly follow my blog with Google Friend Connect
2. Enter any of my other currently ongoing giveaways. Please leave a separate comment for each!
3. Follow me on Twitter and tweet this: @gabreviews is giving away Shaklee Basic H2 Super Cleaning Concentrate to ten lucky readers! http://bit.ly/e4klCj #giveaway
You can tweet once per day- please leave a separate comment with the link to your tweet each time.
4. "Like" me on Facebook5. Put my button (the one with blue flowers- code on the right side of this page!) up on your blog and let me know where I can find it!
Giveaway will close at 9 PM Pacific time on April 9, 2011. I'll choose winners with random.org and will email those people who will then have 48 hours to respond. Good luck!
Disclosure: I received the cleaning products discussed above to use and review for myself. I was not compensated in any other way and all opinions posted here are mine and mine alone.