The kids and I have been listening to lots of different kids' CDs lately and we've been having a great time discovering new artists and learning fun songs. One of the CDs that we most recently have been listening to is called Green Golly and Her Golden Flute, featuring Flute Sweet and Tickletoons.
I grew up listening to and playing classical music, and it's something that I really want my kids to be exposed to as well. So I'm really excited to have discovered this CD- it introduces kids to classical music from a number of composers in a way that's fun and original. The first part of the CD is a wonderful interweaving of a modern (and very clever) re-telling of the Rapunzel fairy tale with bits of beautiful songs played on the flute, guitar and piano. After the story is ended, the CD continues with full-length versions of the songs.
This CD is intended for kids 5 and up, so my kids are a bit younger than the target audience. This pretty much just meant that they didn't understand the storytelling, but they could still appreciate the instrumental parts and the beauty of the music. I enjoyed hearing the story and thought it was well told and very entertaining. I think this version is a big improvement on the original Rapunzel fairy tale! I also enjoyed just listening to the music on the second half of the CD and having my home be filled with the songs. I have discovered that on the days that my kids are being particularly taxing, it really works well to turn on a classical music CD and have us all be calmed by the sounds. This CD definitely does the trick!
Visit the artists' website to learn more about the artists, this CD and the other music and stories that they have to offer.
One of you will get to win a copy of this CD for your family! Open to US/Canadian mailing addresses.
Mandatory entry (must be done first for extra entries to count):
Visit the Flute Sweet and Tickletoons website and let me know something about this CD or the artists that I didn't mention in my review.
Extra entries (please leave a separate comment for each):
1. Follow my blog with Google Friend Connect
2. Put my button up on your blog- let me know where to find it!
3. Subscribe to my blog via email (sign up on the right side of this page)4. Follow me on Twitter and tweet "@gabreviews is giving a great kids storytelling/classical music CD! http://bit.ly/c3eSwQ #giveaway"
You can tweet this once per day. Leave a separate comment every time you enter and please let me know what your twitter name is.
5. For 5 extra entries (leave 5 separate comments)- Blog about this giveaway with links to this post! Please let me know where to find the post.
6. Enter any of my other giveaways (one extra entry per giveaway entered, leave a separate comment for each)
7. Enter any of the giveaways currently going on at LuvnLife (one extra entry per giveaway entered, leave a separate comment for each).
Giveaway will close at 9 PM Pacific time on April 18, 2010. I'll choose a winner with random.org and will email that person who will have 48 hours to respond. Good luck!
Disclosure: I received a copy of this CD to listen to and review for myself. I was not compensated in any other way and the opinions posted here are mine and mine alone.